The Resource 100 skills for the end of the world as we know it
- 100 skills for the end of the world as we know it
- Statement of responsibility
- Ana Maria Spagna
- This book will provoke surprise, debate, and laughter while it provides a road map to greater self-reliance and joy, whatever the future brings. Whether it's the end of oil, an environmental disaster, or something entirely unforeseen, Ana Maria Spagna outlines 100 skills you'll find indispensable for life after the apocalypse.
- While it's true I only have 10 of the "100 Skills You'll Need for the End of the World (as We Know It), " thanks to Ana Maria Spagna's cheerfully reassuring text and Brian Cronin's charmingly practical illustrations, I am confident I'll be able to handle any and all catastrophes our planet throws at me! -- Susan Beth Pfeffer, author of"Life As We Knew It" / "The Last Survivor" series Move over, 50 Simple Things You Can Do to Save the Earth. In this trusty little volume, Ana Maria Spagna has created a handbook for how to be a better human: more self-sufficient, more cooperative and kind-hearted, more in tune with your surroundings. This is no mere primer on reskilling; it's a humor-infused exploration of how to live more lightly on the planet while getting in touch with your more virtuous self. -- Jennifer Sahn, editor of "Orion" magazine
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Summary expansion
- Once the dust has settled, you'll need to know how to barter, perform basic first aid, preserve food, cut your own hair, clean a chimney, navigate by the stars, stitch a wound, darn socks, and sharpen blades. You'll also want to build a stable and safe community, so you'll need to master the arts of conversation, child raising, listening, music making, and storytelling. This fascinating and entertaining book, full of quirky illustrations by artist Brian Cronin, will provoke surprise, debate, and laughter while it provides a road map to greater self-reliance and joy, whatever the future brings
- Target audience
ContextContext of 100 skills for the end of the world as we know it
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 100 skills for the end of the world as we know it
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.matamatapiako.kotui.org.nz/resource/FLrjP2uYdvI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.matamatapiako.kotui.org.nz/resource/FLrjP2uYdvI/">100 skills for the end of the world as we know it</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.matamatapiako.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.matamatapiako.kotui.org.nz/">Matamata Piako Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Matamata Piako Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...